The most important thing is to bring your Codeathon Spirit of fun, friendship and helping others! Codeathon is a friendly creative environment.
Tech and equipment
Most participants form teams and work together and allocate different tasks to different team members. For instance you may be great at ideating and creating a marketing pitch through a storyboard. Another team member may mine data for the concepts so needs a computer and someone else could focus their energy on elements of a winning video. So not everyone needs a laptop Here are some of the things we’ve seen people using at other events of this type.
- Mouse and mousepad
- Adaptors and power cables (some may be supplied)
- USB thumb drives, external hard drives
- Phone and charger
- Drawing tablet and stylus
- Bluetooth adapter
- USB hub
- Camera or video equipment – although not required
- Wi-fi dongle – not required as venue have wifi, however please remember there may be a high volume of uses at critical times.
- Identification or Proof of Age card
Please label your belongings so we can return them to you if you leave them behind.
Can I leave equipment at the venue overnight? We discourage this, however recognise some people like to have their monitor at the events. Please be aware that you do this at your own risk and the Codeathon organisers accepts no responsibility for any possessions left unattended at the venue.
The other stuff
Codeathon is great fun, but it can also be an intense and stressful weekend at times. Bring what you need to stay productive and comfortable.
- Comfortable clothing
- Music or podcasts
- Any data you’ve downloaded for the event, or notes you’ve made
- Your favourite snacks and drinks (we’ll provide main meals and healthy snacks!)
- A water bottle
- Glasses, if you need them for reading screens
- Pen, paper, post-its, notebook, coloured markers, your stationery drawer
- Business cards
- Any medications you may need
- Your wallet and keys
The venue will provide free WiFi. Details for how you can connect to the WiFi will be provided at your event launch. Your WiFi usage, including content downloads, may be monitored as part of general venue security, so please use the access provided with respect and avoid any illegal behaviour. Please make sure the laptops or computers you bring can connect via WiFi, or that you bring a WiFi dongle. Hardwired connections are not available at the venue. Please be aware that during peak periods (4 to 5pm Sunday) internet connectivity may be slow. Please plan accordingly.